Monday, August 31, 2009

urgh

Well I guess the positive streak had to come to an end at some point.

Yesterday I was driving back up from Providence with a friend when I started feeling a little off in the car. My eyes felt incredibly dry, like all the moisture had been sapped from them, as did my skin. Then I got a sort burst of heat from my chest, that oh so awesome feeling of flushing..which of course was followed by the panicky feeling, tachycardia, the intense stomach cramping, and the feeling like i might suddenly pass out. I quickly gulped down some gastrocrom which seemed to help settle things somewhat, or at least made it that the flushing and waves of metallic tastes in my mouth were pretty minimal compared to shocking episodes in the past.

This was all made about 10,000 times more awesome by the fact that my friend had decided to chart the most circuitous path through Boston to get to my apartment possible. I swear we hit every single red light in existence between when I noticed symptoms popping up to when I finally got to my apartment. It sucked, but once I got into my apartment, I took some h1 and h2 blockers and felt better. The bone aches kicked in later (i don't know about the rest of you but my bones ache after an attack) but no more symptoms. What sucked more is that I have -no- idea at all what caused this attack. None. I've done things that would be considered risky in the past month, but nothing that I can recall yesterday.

I was supposed to have some dental work done today, but I bailed on it, since I didn't feel like having to subject myself to something that might trigger more attacks and I want to give my mast cells some more time to settle down.

I'm not going to let this get me down though. I had a good long run without having any massive symptomatic episodes, and this is just a blip, a bump in the proverbial road. It's just annoying to get smacked down so majorly and so seemingly out of nowhere.

No comments: