Thursday, January 10, 2008

ow ow ow ow

I think I have a tiny cavity in one of my teeth. The timing is excellent because I'm going to get my teeth cleaned on Monday, but I'm nervous about the cavity issue. I've spoken to my Dr. as well as members of the TMS about what types of anesthesias work best and my dentist, bless him, did a ton of research on mastocytosis once I became his patient. Chances of me having the cavity work done on Monday are pretty slim, but I'm still not psyched about it. A few months ago i was supposed to have a lumbar puncture done, and during the numbing process, I reacted pretty harshly to the lidocaine, though we don't know if it had epi in it, or if the neurologist knicked a vein or what. I'm none too thrilled about this. Part of me is concerned the gastrocrom is potentially causing some of these issues, since I never really had the amount of mouth pain that I have now before I started taking the stuff. I've started watering it down more to see if that helps.

In other news, I'm going to get my hair done in about half an hour. My birthday is in 13 days, and I feel like looking all purty for it. 29 was the most wretched year of my life in a lot of ways, and I want to start 30 off right. Or at least aesthetically pleasing I suppose.

Not too much else to report. I've been trying to do my self hypnosis stuff at home, but failing miserably since I get fidgety or decide there is something I MUST GO TO right that second, or I fall asleep.

One thing that has made me happy about being really open and upfront about my illness and trying to maintain a somewhat widespread or loud internet presence, is that in one of my yelp reviews, I mentioned having ISM and about how much I loved my hospital and my doctor and how without them I'd be lost. WELL, apparently there was some woman using yelp to find a better doctor as she'd just been diagnosed with ISM and given little information, so she contacted me to find out about my dr. I gave her all the information I could, as well as my email address in case she wanted to chat, but I haven't heard back from her. Hopefully everything has or is working out ok for her, but at the very least I'm glad to have potentially helped someone out a little bit.

After I get my hair done, my husband is going to look at a friend's home gym to see if it's small enough to fit into my office (apparently it's very compact as it works more based off resistance than huge weights) and I'm hopefully going to play with all my beads and trinkets.

No comments: